Monday, June 8, 2015

Demi Lovato Gets Vocal About Mental Illness - Diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2011, pop singer is spearheading new awareness campaign

Demi Lovato Gets Vocal About Mental Illness


"I was young and successful and I was looking up at the venue where I was about to play, where I would be able to live out my dreams, something I dreamed of for years, and yet I was crying in the bus," Lovato, now 22, recalled. "I was feeling empty and for some reason I was feeling hopeless, even though I had hope right in front of me."
-------------------------------------------------------
"About 44 million adults are affected, and yet so many of them are not able to access treatment or they have not begun the process of seeking it out," said Allen Doederlein, president of the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, one of the five national mental health advocacy groups collaborating on the new initiative. "Understanding that these are serious, real conditions, but also conditions that people can and do achieve wellness within, is really what this is all about. We want to make sure people speak up and get help, and lead thriving lives because they've done so."
Read more:http://consumer.healthday.com/mental-health-information-25/bipolar-affective-disorder-news-60/demi-lovato-gets-vocal-about-mental-illness-699756.html



Tender Rock Counseling Center & Acupuncture Clinic
- Non Profit Organization | Counselors with Christian Faith
Bellevue / Factoria / Eastside, Washington